Thursday, February 19, 2015

It feels like spring... but it isn't...

It is far too early for this girl to be thinking about baseball. But the weather has been springlike and a few flowers have been poking their heads out and blooming already.


Today's drizzle may have beaten them down a bit, but I will have to check when I go out walking this weekend.


I've recovered from last week's melancholy mood... and have found my appetite lacking which is a plus from the watching my weight point of view. I managed to skip soda entirely over the weekend so that was a good 3 day break from my limit. I also have managed to avoid the candy dishes for two days in a row and am considering making it 3. There will be cheesecake for dessert at bible study tomorrow night and avoiding the candy dish will make that piece of dessert all the more rewarding.


The detractors are ... girl scout cookies. my presale order has been bought and delivered. Big plus? I have not devoured the entire box of Samoa's yet... the thin mints are safe and so are the savannah smiles. :) I'll leave them strictly at work so that I don't get tempted to finish them off at home this weekend.  I am also capable of limiting my inhaling of the Ginger Wasabi chips that have finally made it to grocery stores. Can I avoid stocking up while they are 2/$5 at safeway? Doubtful. But right now, I have one open bag and one bag good through 4/21 so I will probably keep stalking them at the store and buying later expire dates as needed until it is FOR sure that they are on the shelf all the time. I cannot believe how long it has taken them to show up in the store. I was about to give up on them.


Still haven't found the new Ben and Jerry's flavors. May need to make a stop at Target to see if they show up there, or maybe a Walmart stop this weekend to see.


I know, I know... no where near as exciting as last week's lashing out against 'heart n flower n chocolate n kissing' day ... *shrug*  we've already established I have to be pretty emotional to have a deep, deep ... soul searching post.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment